Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TGU, Run


Meg on the Turkish Get-up.

Buy-in
Warmup (10’)
Skill (5’)
 “Gymnastic Volume”
Pick a gymnastic goat, Pull-ups, HSPU, or muscle-ups.
Repeat sub-maximal reps on the minute for 10 minutes. 
stay within 2 reps for all sets.
Record reps and total to comments.
Strength (10’)

WOD
5 rounds for time:
Time limit:  20 minutes
Cash-out
Stretching (5’)
test: receiving bottom of DB snatch: knees out, back straight.
1. roll thoracic area; arm overhead, hugs.
2. Calves, foot into wall; straight leg, bent leg.
3. wall squat, feet on wall; move hips int impingement. 
4. wall squat, back against wall, work legs in and out, then knees out.



Meg and Charles both worked on pullups with bands.  Who's who? Hint: look for the feet.

4 comments:

  1. CW: 4 rounds + 4 TGU. 25# KB.

    Gymnastic Volume: 4 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2. Blue band.

    Programming: I thought this was a good one. 20 minutes got used up pretty quickly, though. Meg hated it, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handstand pushups: 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2. Guess I should try 3 next time.
    WOD: 3 rounds plus4 TGU plus 200m. 20 lb dumbbell. My left shoulder tried to talk me out of those TGU's the entire time but I wouldn't hear of it. After the workout, it felt better (or was it numb?!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gymnastic volume: 6-6-6-6-5-5-5-4-4-4 green band.

    WOD: 4 rounds plus 4 TGU. I dropped the 20# kettle bell on my second TGU, which was on my left side. Don't know quite how, but a good reminder about focusing and keeping the eyes on the weight. I dropped down to the 15# purse. Right side is a lot stronger than my left.

    Over all it was an okay WOD...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...my gymnastic volume was band assisted pull ups.

    ReplyDelete

How'dja do? Waddya think?