Friday, June 4, 2010

"Eva"

Breakfast, yummy!

Buy-in
Jumprope 5 attempts of:
  • 2-foot basic
  • 1-foot alternate
  • Double unders
Upper-body pulling 
5 rounds of: 
  • 3 x Kip attempts
  • 5 x Dead-hang pull-ups
(band assisted if necessary) 
Core/low back 
3 rounds of: 
  • 10 sec. Tuck L-hang
  • 10 x Kettlebell swings 
(16/12 kg)
Kirsten
Upper-body pulling 
3 rounds of: 
  • 5 xDead-hang pull-ups 
(add weight if necessary) 
  • 3 x Muscle-up rows
  • 3 x kip 
(if learning the butterfly kip) 
Core/Low Back 
3 rounds of: 
  • 10 sec. Tuck L-sit on the rings
  • 10 x Back extensions
Strength
Deadlift 3 x 5
WOD: “Eva”
Five rounds for time of:
  • Run 800 meters (400m)
  • 2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps (20x, weight)
  • 30 Pull-ups (20x, progression)
30 minute limit.
Post time to comments.
Cash-out
POSE
  • Change of support x 8
  • Forward change of support 1 minute.
  • Hop in place
Stretching

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should have titled this post "death by Eva."
    Due to schedule, we limited this to 20 minutes. And a good thing, too!

    CW 2 rounds plus another 'run.'
    400m, 1.5 pood, jumping pulllups.
    First off, the 1.5p KB swings annihilated me! It was a step up in weight for me and the only success of the WOD.

    I thought I would have at least a few kipping pulllups in the first round, but on my first pull I found my eyes headed straight for the bar! No collision, thank goodness, but only jumping pullups today.

    On the second 400m run, something in my right calf started to hurt, so I walked the rest of the time. I hope that will nip any problem in the bud.

    Not our best day (I'll let Kirsten tell her own tale,) but as Farmer Fran says, "We li' to fa' annu' deh."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I learned: Be sure warmups adequately prepare the body for the WOD. I could have done better getting ready for the running. Also I need work more and more frequently on Pose and Pullups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KW 3 rounds, 18:30. I started out with a 35 lb KB for the first round, then did 26 lb for the other two. Eva killed us! On my 16th kip of the last round, I overextended my knee with the kick. Ow! I had to finish the last four with stricts. I hobbled out to see where Charles was. He was walking in as I was limping out. Argghhhhh! Not a good day for us. Eva wins! Look out though, next time.....

    ReplyDelete

How'dja do? Waddya think?