Monday, August 9, 2010

Barbell walking lunges & Burpees

How I spent my Summer vacation
(mountain biking)
Buy-in
Skill
  • Jumprope drills (add calf stretch)
Gymnastic warmup/skills
DROM
Day 2 
BASIC
Upper-body pulling 
3 rounds of: 
  • 3 x Kip attempts
  • 5 x Dead-hang pull-ups
(band assisted if necessary) 
Core/low back 
3 rounds of: 
  • 10 sec. Tuck L-hang
  • 10 x Kettlebell swings 
(16/12 kg)
Strength
  • Bench 3 x 5
WOD
5 (4) rounds for time of:
45# barbell Overhead walking lunges, 50 (30) feet
21 (15) Burpees
Let trailing knee gently kiss the ground on each lunge.
Post time to comments.
Scale rounds, reps, weight
Time limit 20 minutes
Cash-out
Pose
  • 2 wall runs
  • Tall foot runs, 2 each leg
  • Stretching

2 comments:

  1. CW DNF. I did the buy-in & cash-out, but on the WOD I only experimented with the OH lunges to scope out the new move for the class. I basically wanted an active rest day. I did do the OH lunges with a 35# bar. I think the entire WOD with those would have smoked me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time:?? I did a scaled version of WOD: 3 rounds of 30ft OH Lunges with 15# & 15 burpees. This WOD was truly evil...my angst towards burpees has grown exponentially. Maybe when the hot weather disappears I will love them again.

    ReplyDelete

How'dja do? Waddya think?