Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Meat, Ma'am, Meat!"

We snuck Meg in today for her OHS WOD.

Hey, it worked for Oliver Twist, it can work for you, too!
Remember in the musical "Oliver!" when the funeral director fed him meat, Oliver had too much energy?  The Warden of the workhouse, Mr. Bumble recommended a grain-based diet in the form of gruel to tame him.

So, more energy?  More meat.  (yes, good fats, vegetables and some fruit, too.)

Need convincing?
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128849908

Interview with Mr. Paleo Diet, Dr. Loren Cordain on CBC Radio (and a couple of others, including some opposition:)
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2010/08/august-3-2010.html

And, of course the video short-course on Paleo nutrition (my favorite:)


1 comment:

  1. I really like the max strength WODs. We set my goal at max 60 lbs for my first time doing the max strength with overhead squats (OHS). Well I made it to 60! No failure this time. I felt great the next day too...no soreness or achiness...can't wait to see what I can achieve next.

    ReplyDelete

How'dja do? Waddya think?