Sunday, February 28, 2010

Drills & Hills


Tonight we sent in our entries to the Bear Chase, 2 weeks away. We're going to do this!

We haven't done the hills found at the end of the Bear Chase for a while, so that's what we did today. We were very inspired by the videos of the Olympic xc athletes, at least until a little part of the trail called Flamingo Hill. The down and uphill of that do remind me of footage of the courses at Whistler. Go down, turn and take that speed uphill as far as you can. Then keep climbing. Climb some more. And some more.

I couldn't really understand just how good these athletes are until I tried to do it myself. They are so fluid and can go so fast for so long; unless you've turned yourself into a gasping pile of rubber trying to do it yourself, it doesn't look that hard.

We started with some of the drills, then on the the Birch and Cedar loops at Swedetown. The first hills seemed easier with fresh legs. I wonder how they will feel after finishing the Bear loops. I did have some tired legs after yesterday's all-out effort. I'm pretty pumped that I could do today's workout the very next day. Yay, Crossfit!

On the way back, We did some pole/skate drills. I did 3skates/pole, Switching sides on V2 alternate, V4 (2 poles per skate) and used V1 for the finish. It was a good time. Kirsten and I have had a really fun weekend together. Mmmmm, all squishy feeling.

Here's the data:
Name:Birch & Cedar Loops
Date:Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm
Distance:5.73 kilometers
Elapsed Time:41:56.9
Avg Speed:8.2 km/h
Max Speed:26.1 km/h
Avg Pace:07' 19" per km
Min Altitude:298 m
Max Altitude:339 m
Start Time:2010-02-28T19:21:54Z
Start Location:
Latitude:47.238603º N
Longitude:88.465581º W
End Time:2010-02-28T20:03:51Z
End Location:
Latitude:47.238525º N
Longitude:88.465453º W

Click on this link to display the track in Google Maps. This link will be valid until Mar 30, 2010 1:58 PM PDT.

Ciao,

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment

How'dja do? Waddya think?