Today we're on the rowers doing a CrossFit Endurance WOD:
5km at 85 - 90% of race pace.
Now, the math on this is fuzzy for me. For instance:
- My best 5k pace/500 meters is 2:03.
- If I take 90% of that though, I get 1:50.7 - a smaller number - a faster pace.
- So I increased my time to 110%, getting 2:15
A larger number means a slower pace. But is that really 90% of race pace? Any of you math wizards who can sort that out for me, please comment. I'd love the formula!
Here's the numbers:
- KW 2:15s
- 90%= 2:28
- 85%= 2:35
- CW 2:03s
- 90%= 2:15
- 85%= 2:21
- KW 24:05, 25 spm (2:14.5/500m)
- CW 22:25, 25 spm (2:24.5/500m)
A bit too quick; I don't know if that's bad. At least it wasn't too slow. Kirsten was running late for an appointment. A big thanks to Terry Smythe for letting us use the ergs in her basement!
Tomorrow, a mini-Murph!